Your street address
City, state, zip code
Your cell phone number
Your e-mail address
Ms./Mr./Dr. recipient's first and last name
City, state, zip code
Dear Ms./Mr./Dr. Last Name:
Paragraph 1: State why you are writing, how you learned of the organization or position, and basic information about yourself. If you are writing at the suggestion of someone who knows the recipient, say so.
Paragraph 2: Demonstrate your knowledge and interest in the organization, and use specific examples to show how your background and skills qualify you for the position.
Paragraph 3: This paragraph is optional and is recommended for elaborating on particularly relevant or impressive details included in your resume.
Paragraph 4: Indicate that your resume and other supporting materials are enclosed. Reiterate your interest in the position and your desire to meet for an interview. State your plans to follow up via e-mail or phone within a certain period of time and invite the employer to contact you to request additional information. Lastly, thank the employer for his/her consideration.
Your signature (on a hard copy letter)
Your name (typed)
August 2016 to CurrentUnited States Senate － Washington, D.C.
- Represent the senator at events and in constituent meetings, assist the senator with policy prioritization.
- Coordinate meetings and create briefings for the senator and senior legislative staff.
- Draft responses to constituent mail.
- Interview, hire, on-board, train, and manage group of five interns per season.
- Wrote and revised memos, budgetary documents and press releases.
- Support Legislative Assistant in research.
- Plan and organize constituent outreach.
- Monitor legislation and analyze initiatives.
- Research and seek stakeholders for new bills.
June 2015 to June 2016Renton Area Youth and Family Services － Renton, Washington
- Responsible for the completion of grant registration forms and accurate reporting to the organizations three major funders including the Department of Education.
- Serves as the case manager for 16 youth which included conducting interviews and leading them through academic and personal goal setting activities delivering outcomes that included reduced juvenile recidivism.
- Documents the progress of youth within their case notes to keep record of their growth & small group facilitation.
- Partnered in the development of the social justice committee, which has developed a framework to aid staff in supporting youth of color; and provided diversity training to all of the staff members at the agency.
July 2014 to July 2015People of Color Against AIDS Network POCAAN － Seattle, Washington
- Received training in counseling, recording, referral procedures and became certified in HIV testing.
- Served as a member of implementing a CDC funded program to incentivise HIV testing among high-risk communities and provided support in marketing the program and conducting testing.
- Conducted donor outreach activities in collaboration with fellow staff members, resulting in raising over six figures.
- On-boarded 4 new hires on a monthly basis, providing them with essential training on HIV procedures, agency guidelines, and expectations; assisted the HR Director as needed with employee relations tasks.
May 2014 to July 2016Delta Airlines － SeaTac, Washington
- Responsible for staying current on regulatory rules and changes within the industry.
- Determine potential discrepancies.
- Consistently meets safety guidelines, metrics, and other expectations that enable on time flight departures.
- Resolve passenger complaints in order to avoid mediation and/or arbitration with the Department of Transportation.
- Lead a team of 4 individuals that acted as the service recovery team which is responsible for easing the inconveniences that disabled passengers may face; developed an innovative solution which allows customers with disabilities to request wheelchairs via phone.